Lot 1 is Bloomin' marvellous
To coincide with the ITV series Victoria we can offer the opportunity to purchase a pair of Queen Victoria's undergarments.
There are six other pairs in known existence worldwide, so are an exceedingly rare item.
These garments are made of the finest Welsh cotton with a 55 inch drawstring waist - therefore from her later life circa 1890, and monogrammed with her VR cypher, and 36 being the production issue number.
They are in good condition with minor foxing as a result of age.
Estimate £3000 £5000
The last known sale of a pair of Victoria's bloomers was at Christies in London and achieved a record price. We will anticipate significant worldwide interest.
LINK TO OUR LIVE BIDDING :
SUNDAY October 9th Antiques Collectables
Sale Week Viewing
Public viewing Friday 10am -5pm Saturday 10pm - 5pm,
Sunday 9am -11am
Free tea and biscuits on auction days
link to fully illustrated catalogues and on line and live bidding service
Friday 10am -5pm,Saturday 10pm - 5pm,Sunday 9am -11am
Highlights for the sale:
From a private estates
Items wanted for auction
Antiques Art Collectables Clocks Watches. Bronzes, Modern prints, Vintage cars Motorbikes Fishing reels and rods
Entries welcome Live link to fully illustrated catalogue, 1 week prior to auction
Art, Antiques, Collectables, Clocks, Watches and Jewellery
01303 81 35 45
- Paintings; Prints;
- Clocks & Watches
- Gold & Silver
- we always have Over 350 fresh to the market lots
- We offer a live bidding service on all our auctions, via www.the saleroom.com
FREE VALUATIONS AND ADVICE - WEEKDAYS 9.30am until 3.30pm AT OUR HEAD OFFICE.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR OUR FORTHCOMING AUCTIONS
Westenhanger Railway Station,
By Folkestone Racecourse,
Westenhanger Auctioneers are pleased to announce that all our Auctions cater for live on-line bidding.
We can now guarantee you will achieve the best International price for your Antiques & Collectables
· We have collectors & buyers Worldwide including Australia, the Americas, China, Japan and Europe.
· Each Lot is colour photographed and illustrated online for prospective buyers to view and bid on.
· Contact: 01303 813545 or 07779 995117
- Email: email@example.com
WE ENSURE YOUR LOTS GO TO THE HIGHEST BIDDERS
How to bid
- We offer live bidding on auction days via w.w.w the-saleroom.com
- You are welcome to leave commission bids by e mail
- Or phone 0777 999 5117 or 01303 81 35 45
- If you are bidding from overseas we will expect you to supply your number including dialling code from England
- We will need a contact name and phone number and postal address on all bids
- We will try and acquire the item as cheap as is possible on your behalf on all bids left with the auctioneers
- Buyers premium is 20 % on the hammer
- PLEASE NOTE : We do not accept credit or debit cards
- IF bidding from overseas please check first before you be as to whether we can pack and send item
Viewing times for all our Sunday Auctions:
- Fridays - 10.00am until 5.00pm.
- Saturdays - 10.00am until 5.00pm.
- Sundays - prior to auction 9.00am until 11.00am.
Or, by appointment 5 days prior to auction day
SOLD AT THIS AUCTION HOUSE
The highlight of Westenhanger Auctioneers July sale was this stunning V12 2 + 2 series 3 E-Type Jaguar in Royal Blue. Having been owned by the client for the past 25 years and only covering under 50,000 miles from new this lot was sure to attract a huge amount of interest.
One of Kent's leading Fine Art & Antiques Auction & Valuation Houses
- Making sure your lots go to the highest bidder
Regular Auctions held on Sundays (forthcoming dates are shown on this website)
- Antiques and Collectables
- Interiors Auctions
- Wines and Spirits
- Toys and Cameras
- Chinese and Japanese works of art
- Paintings and Prints
- Gold and Silver
- Clocks and Watches