How to bid
AUCTION ROOMS OPEN WEEKDAYS 10 AM TILL 2 PM FOR COLLECTION
- We do not offer live bidding,
- You are welcome to leave a commission bids by e mail
- phone 0777 999 5117 or 01303 813545
- On lots with a estimate or opening bid of over Â£80 we offer a live phone bidding service during the auction,
- If you are bidding from over seas we will expect you to supply your number including dialing code from England
- We will need a contact Name and phone number and postal address on all bids
- We will try and acquire the item as cheap as is possible on your behalf on all bids left with the auctioneers
- Buyers premium is 20 % on the hammer
- PLEASE NOTE : we do not accept credit or debit cards
If you are successful, we can post and pack most lots if required,cost to client.
SMALL PARCEL Â£5.00, LARGE Â£8.00 . Extra large Â£15.00+ POSTAGE COST
- IF bidding from overseas please check first before you be as to whether we can pack and send item
Payment can be made by using any of the following :
1. In person, payment by cash.
2. We accept cheque payment but would need to clear the funds first before you can collect. This can take 7 to 10 days.
We do not accept ANY credit or debit cards.
3. Via online bank transfer to:
your ref = your name BACS payment. Â£ =total bid
HSBC BANK M HOGBEN Westenhanger auctioneers
ACCOUNT NUMBER 21387766 SORT CODE 40.21.15.
IF paying from overseas accounts
iban number GB07MIDL40211521387766 you may also need a
swift/bic code = MIDLGB22
Our next Public Auction Sale
will include worldwide live internet Bidding
Antiques,Collectables,Private collection of Walt Disney items over 100 lots
400 eclectic and fresh to the market lots
from Local Estates & Vendors
Sunday JUNE 14 th
- When selling at auction it is vital to have an experienced, professional Auctioneer.
Our Head Valuer and Auctioneer, Michael Hogben has more than 35 years experience in Fine Art and
Auctioneering, and is a highly respected antiques expert.
- You will recognise him from from his television work - with many years as a presenter, on-screen valuer and invited expert, he was the main focus of BBC1âs â Auction Manâ. Michael has regularly appeared on other top
shows such as âDickinsonâs Real Dealâ (for ITV), âBargain Huntâ (for BBC 1) and âName Your Priceâ (C4), as well as cropping up now and then as a pundit for Sky TV .
Michael Hogben is the author of 3 top-selling books on Auctioneering, Art and Antiques, and regularly provides
his opinion for newspaper and magazine columns.
One of Kent's leading Fine Art & Antiques Auction & Valuation Houses
- Making sure your lots go to the highest bidder
Regular Auctions held on Sundays (forthcoming dates are shown on this website)
- Antiques and Collectables
Wines and Spirits
Toys ,cameras .
Chinese and Japanese works of art
Paintings and prints
Gold and silver
Clocks and watches
ALL AUCTIONS COMMENCE AT 11 am on Sundays
Auctions of affordable, stylish and often unique gold, silver,
watches, clocks, art, furniture, porcelain collectables,
featuring modern and traditional works.
e mail email@example.com
Michael Hogben, our head Valuer and Auctioneer, is available to offer free valuations for sale by auction on weekdays between 10am and 2pm at our Head Office,
Or to receive lots for our forthcoming sales. If you are unable to bring the items to us due to their size, or the volume of items, we are happy to arrange a FREE home appointment. Alternatively, certain valuations can be undertaken using photographs sent by post or email.
If your item requires specialist knowledge or research we have a wide network of specialists we can consult, which ensures the item is given the best chance of reaching its optimum price. Please contact us today to arrange a house contents valuation.
- Westenhanger Auctions and Michael Hogben offer a quick and thorough valuation service for the purpose of Probate and Inheritance Tax with a sensitive approach. Liaising with Executors directly or Solicitors, we provide professional, comprehensive valuations to ameliorate the Probate process. The company works with a number of local Solicitors and is performing an increasing amount of work for private individuals who are Executors. This situation can frequently cause issues within a family, or other interested parties, and can so often be resolved by the advice of a professional Valuer. Whether is a complete house clearance, or merely to look at a couple of items such as jewellery or a painting, our visit is FREE.
Please contact us to arrange an appointment 0777 999 5117 or 01303 813545
We can also provide other valuations for situations such as Probate Family Division or sales by Private Treaty, and Insurance Valuations
Pre sale cash advance on certain lots
It happens to us all at some stage - we don't quite budget our income as well as we should do and then you find ourselves short of cash. There may still be payments due to come out of a bank account or a special occasion is around the corner. With a cash advance we can put all these worries to one side and make those necessary payments and special purchases. advance payments on gold, jewellery and silver and up to 40% on selected lots.
A pre-sale advance is a quick solution to a short term financial crisis.
House Clearance, Hot Line 0777 999 5117 10 till 5.30 pm Monday to Saturday
Clearing a property can be an exhausting and stressful experience. We can provide valuations for auction followed by a full house clearance. It can be surprising what items are saleable and having a valuer visit the premises to list the items of value allows family members and interested parties to make decisions about what items to sell or keep. Once items have been consigned for auction we are able to offer a full clearance service leaving the property empty, swept and hoovered and ready for estate agents, or the next occupants.
Please contact us for further information, advice or to make an appointment for a no obligation valuation.
We are open to receive goods, or collect delivered items on weekdays except Bank Holidays from 10am until 2 pm.
Auction viewing times for all our Sunday auction:
- Fridays -10 am till 5 pm.
- Saturdays - 10 am till 5 pm.
- Sundays - prior to auction 9 am till 11 am.
Or by appointment 5 days prior to auction day